- Le’Veon Bell admits he smoked marijuana before NFL games: ‘What I did’
Free agent running back Le'Veon Bell admitted that he smoked marijuana before NFL games.
- More and More Teenagers Are Coming to School High, N.Y.C. Teachers Say
Students and teachers said in interviews that some classrooms were in disarray as more and younger students were smoking marijuana at school.
- ‘Potheads, go giggle elsewhere’: public weed ban begins in Amsterdam
Tourists and residents now face €100 fine for public smoking in De Wallen, but some business owners are worried about impact Thick fumes of cannabis smoke were noticeably absent from the air of Amsterdam’s red light district on Thursday, the familiar smell replaced by dank canal water on the first day of a ban on smoking marijuana in public. After years of complaints from residents about wild behaviour from […]...
- Legalizing Weed: Was It a Harmful Mistake?
Readers react to a column by Ross Douthat that asserted it was. Also: The battle over the debt.
- Is Weed Wine Still Relevant in the Age of Edibles?
It’s delicious, but prohibited commercially, even where cannabis is legal. That hasn’t stopped winemakers from sharing recipes.
- A Mother Smoked Weed. New York Moved to Put Her Baby in Foster Care.
The case illustrates the uncertainty some agencies face about marijuana policies now that the drug is legal.
- Researchers analyze THC in breath of cannabis smokers
Researchers analyzed THC levels in the breath of people who use cannabis regularly, both before and after they smoked marijuana. The researchers found that THC levels spanned a similar range across pre- and post-use samples. 'In many cases, we would not have been able to tell whether the person smoked within the last hour based on the concentration of THC in their breath,' said study author.
- Marijuana-infused aphrodisiacs emerge as new love drug in New York
There's a rising performance enhancing drug for the bedroom and the ball field -- marijuana!
- How can I stay safe on the job now marijuana is legal?
How does legal weed impact drug tests at work and how to handle suddenly being let go from your job.
- Why It’s Hard to Stop Drivers Under the Influence of Marijuana in NY
Smoking marijuana while operating a vehicle appears to have become ubiquitous in New York City after the drug’s legalization. But it’s a trend, though illegal, that’s not easy to curb.
- Pot stickers: This NYC ‘Chinese takeout’ truck will give you the munchies
A “Chinese takeout” van spotted in the East Village is actually an illegal rolling weed shop — and doing a brisk business without selling a single dim sum.
- I founded SNCTM, the world’s most exclusive sex club — it ruined my marriage
Damon Lawner is making a comeback after the rollercoaster ride of his SNCTM sex clubs, which he sold for millions -- but they also cost him his marriage.
- Isle of Man to grow cannabis business to diversify economy
British crown dependency hopes to license as many as 10 medicinal cannabis firms by end of 2025 The Isle of Man has for decades been dominated by offshore financial services, but now its government is planning a push for a new kind of economic growth: medicinal cannabis. The British crown dependency is hoping to license as many as 10 firms by the end of 2025 to grow and export medicinal cannabis products from […]...
- Gang violence could end open cannabis trade in anarchist commune Christiania
Organised criminals have taken over ‘Pusher Street’ market in the Danish capital and are vying for dominance The 40-year history of the open cannabis trade on “Pusher Street” in the heart of the anarchist Christiania neighbourhood of Copenhagen could be over as the city’s mayor said she was willing to shut it down over the commune’s fears about rising gang violence. Christiana is a self-proclaimed […]...
- On my radar: Jon Ronson’s cultural highlights
The writer and broadcaster on his favourite streaming series, a remastered 2 Tone concert film and why cannabis edibles should be legal Born in Cardiff in 1967, Jon Ronson has published nine books including *The Men Who Stare at Goats*, *The Psychopath Test *and* So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed*. He co-wrote the screenplay for Lenny Abrahamson’s 2014 film, *Frank*, as well as Bong Joon-ho’s 2017 Netflix […]...
One thought on “News in English”
Now you can also comment news and articles with other users.