- Griner’s Detention Showed the Strength and the Struggle in Women’s Sports
The W.N.B.A.’s players and fans pushed furiously for Brittney Griner’s release from a Russian penal colony, but her plight also highlighted gender inequities in sports.
- NY state chooses first official pot sales site near famed Apollo Theater
The state has identified a site to open its first official cannabis shop --at 248 W. 125th Street across from Harlem's famous Apollo Theater.
- White House claims ‘it was Brittney or no one’ when pressed on Americans left in Russia
Basketball star Brittney Griner was released by Russia, but fellow Americans Paul Whelan and Marc Fogel were left behind.
- Decriminalising cannabis could save Australian taxpayers $850m a year, report finds
New public health research says Australia’s prohibition approach to marijuana is not keeping pace with global best practice cannabis policy - Follow our Australia news live blog for the latest updates - Get our morning and afternoon news emails, free app or daily news podcast Australia is not keeping pace with global best practice cannabis policy, a report from the public health research organisation […]...
- Weed Connoisseurs Celebrate Local Craft Growers
At the Growers Cup, those who hope to become big names in New York cannabis compete and enjoy shoptalk.
- New York Competition Highlights Local Cannabis Growers
A new competition showcases small craft growers in New York who are hoping to come up with the next big strain in weed.
- Calls to poison control reporting kids abusing cannabis up 245% since 2000
Adolescent abuse of cannabis has more than tripled since the year 2000, a peer-reviewed study published Monday found -- as alcohol abuse dropped over the same period.
- Weed Gardens: More illicit cannabis shops sprout up in NYC’s Kew Gardens
Kew Gardens is turning into Weed Gardens, with another unlicensed cannabis shop opening up in the tidy Queens neighborhood.
- Former Brooklyn prosecutor cops to role in nationwide marijuana ring: feds
A disgraced ex-Brooklyn prosecutor copped to federal charges that he was part of a nationwide marijuana distribution ring working out of a New Jersey auto shop.
- Senate Democrats to reportedly push banking reforms for cannabis industry
Justice department is scrutinizing measures’ implications on law enforcement investigations and prosecutions Democrats in the Senate will push to liberalize banking access to the cannabis industry during the lame duck session, it was reported on Saturday, in moves being watched closely by the Department of Justice which is concerned that reforms could ‘complicate’ the industry’s legal status. A justice […]...
- In New York, Covering All Things Cannabis
Ashley Southall, a former police bureau chief, discussed creating a new beat to cover a new legal industry.
- What Lab Tests Reveal About Cannabis in New York’s Illegal Dispensaries
A report from a medical cannabis trade group found contaminants such as E. coli and salmonella in some products purchased at unlicensed dispensaries.
- Pregnant women's cannabis usage in legalized U.S. states raises calls for screening
Pregnant women living in U.S. states where cannabis is legal must be screened for the drug, for the health of both mother and baby, claim scientists who in a new national study have found that they are far more likely to use the substance.
- Victorian crossbench contenders vow to push for cannabis decriminalisation if elected
Despite premier Daniel Andrews refusing to budge on the issue, Legalise Cannabis party promises to push ‘forcefully’ on drug reform - Get our morning and afternoon news emails, free app or daily news podcast A group of progressive candidates that might hold the balance of power in the Victorian upper house have vowed to push for cannabis decriminalisation despite premier Daniel Andrews refusing to […]...
- Cannabis oil failed to improve pain or quality of life in palliative care cancer patients, study shows
Researchers say despite the lack of symptom relief, more trials are needed to focus on the targeted use of medicinal cannabis - Get our morning and afternoon news emails, free app or daily news podcast The first high quality study looking at the impact of cannabidiol oil on palliative care patients with advanced cancer found it did not improve their pain, depression, anxiety, or quality of life. […]...