- Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg vows to evict illegal pot shops
The move comes less than a month after local Sheriff Anthony Miranda testified during a City Council hearing that an astounding 1,400 shops have popped up in the Big Apple illegally selling cannabis products.
- Redditor with weed-smoking roommate is trolled for seeking help
A young New York renter took to Reddit to seek help with a constantly smoking roommate. He got huffy replies, but did he get the advice he needed?
- New Yorker jailed during ‘war on drugs’ becomes cannabis pioneer
Roland Conner, 50, opens pop-up marijuana shop in Greenwich Village, only second legal dispensary in the state As a New York City teenager, 50-year old Roland Conner found himself harshly punished for only minor offenses related to marijuana. A 1991 arrest resulted in a months-long incarceration, as America’s flawed “war on drugs” had an unfairly disproportionate impact on Black and brown youth. Continue […]...
- New York State Convicted Him. Now It’s Made Him a Weed Pioneer.
Roland Conner became the first person with a criminal conviction to open a licensed cannabis dispensary in New York with the state’s help.
- If You Buy This 359-Year-Old Deed, Would You Own Manhattan?
The document, the charter from when the British seized New York from the Dutch, is on the auction block with two others. Together they could go for as much as $900,000.
- NY’s Kathy Hochul accused of double standard for banning flavored cigs not cannabis
Merchants who sell cigarettes accuse Gov. Kathy Hochul of a double standard by proposing a law to ban flavored tobacco while allowing flavored-infused and fruity-scented marijuana products.
- Second New York-licensed cannabis shop to open on Bleecker Street
The second-state licensed cannabis shop will open next Tuesday on Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village, Gov. Kathy Hochul announced.
- Wild West: 1,400 illegal pot shops now open in NYC, already ‘reeking’ havoc
Illegal smoke shops are "rampant throughout the city" -- noting 1,400 stores are being targeted and inspected by authorities for suspected illegal activity.
- ‘I get handed joints all the time’: why everyone wants to party with topless comic Bert Kreischer
He’s the wild frat boy turned middle-aged dad who loves guns, is friends with Joe Rogan and once helped rob a Russian train. Is Britain ready for the standup who was America’s official No 1 hellraiser? We are half an hour into the interview when the US comic Bert Kreischer starts telling me about his recent panic attacks, the worst he’s ever had. The type where he is locked in the bathroom all night, […]...
- Consuming cannabis in Thailand: what tourists need to know about marijuana rules
After easing the ban on the recreational drug, Thailand has created a ‘weed Wild West’ with confusing rules. So what are tourists allowed to do? Since the delisting of parts of the marijuana plant as a narcotic last year, cannabis cafes and weed dispensaries have become common in Thailand. But confusing government amendments to the laws and continued debate about what should be permitted has created what […]...
- ‘This is another revolution’: could legalisation of cannabis transform Mexico’s economy?
Despite frustrating legislative delays, farmers in Mexico are keen to start growing a crop that may be more profitable than rice, corn or sugar The pungent aroma of cannabis and the sound of dub music fill the air at a hacienda as about 150 smokers, users, growers, activists and business people gather for Mexico’s second annual Toquefest. In anticipation of the long-delayed legalisation of cannabis – after […]...
- Number of US children who accidentally ate cannabis rose by 1,375% in last five years
In 2017, 207 cases of accidental ingestion by children younger than six were reported, while in 2021 there were 3,054, report says The number of young children accidentally ingesting marijuana in the US has rocketed by 1,375% in the last five years, a new report reveals. The report, released on Tuesday in the journal Pediatrics, examined findings from the National Poison Data System on pediatric exposure to […]...
- Consumption of Marijuana Edibles Surges Among Children, Study Finds
The ingestion of edibles by children under 6 has risen rapidly since the start of the pandemic, contributing to a “significant increase” in hospitalizations, the study found.
- My Neighbors’ Pot Smoke Bothers Me. What Can I Do?
Your co-op might be willing to help, even if it has to amend its rules. But it will likely be up to you to prove exactly where the smoke is coming from.
- The First Legal Dispensary of Recreational Weed Opens in New York
The first legal sale of recreational weed took place in a dispensary in Manhattan, just meeting the state’s deadline to open a store in 2022.