- Feces-covered man on ‘LSD, cocaine, and marijuana’ jumps into pit at new Buffalo Bills stadium site, officials say
A construction site at the home of the new Buffalo Bills stadium received an unexpected visitor on Sunday as the team took on the Las Vegas Raiders, authorities said.
- The founder of High Times was wilder than Hunter S. Thompson
Of all the psychedelic era’s counterculture rabble-rousers, perhaps none was more outlandish than handle-bar-mustachioed, High Times founder Thomas King Forçade.
- New York Adopted New Cannabis Regulations. Here’s What’s Next.
The New York Cannabis Control Board approved a package of regulations that included licensing requirements for distributors, dispensaries and others.
- New York cannabis regulators opens pot licenses to disabled vets, women, minorities during legal battle: ‘It’s about time’
The new rules will allow "social equity" applicants — including disabled military veterans, minority and women business-led firms and distressed farmers — to apply to operate a weed dispensary.
- The rowdy US Open encapsulates everything that’s wrong with New York City
This year’s US Open, which ended Sunday, encapsulated everything that has gone wrong with New York in the past four years, from disgust to disorder to disruption.
- Biden’s 9/11 snub and more: Letters to the Editor — Sept. 10, 2023
The White House said President Biden will travel to Alaska to mark the somber occasion of 9/11 after his trip to Hanoi, Vietnam, where he will meet with Vietnamese leaders.
- A Mother Wins $75,000 After City Took Her Baby Because of Marijuana Use
Chanetto Rivers’s baby was taken away after she smoked marijuana, legally, before giving birth. She sued, and won a settlement that her lawyers say is the first of its kind.
- In Spain, Illegal Pot Farms Are Being Blamed for Blackouts
Spain’s largest electricity company says daily power outages are caused by illegal indoor marijuana farms that overload the grid. “Easy excuse,” residents reply.
- Weed at the U.S. Open? Some Players Swear They Can Smell It
The smell of marijuana is drifting over Court 17. The explanation appears to have nothing to do with tennis.
- Young people, pregnant women and drivers should avoid cannabis – study
Largest review of its kind says while cannabis-based medicines may help some people, drug is detrimental for others Teenagers, young adults, pregnant women, drivers and mentally ill people should avoid cannabis, according to the largest ever health review of its kind. However, cannabidiol can help reduce seizures in epilepsy patients, and cannabis-based medicines may help with multiple sclerosis, chronic pain, […]...
- Cannabis Use Disorder ‘Common’ Among Marijuana Users, Study Finds
Medical and recreational users alike are susceptible to problematic use of marijuana.
- ‘This is a medicine’: the Australians prescribed cannabis but left fighting to keep their jobs
Some workers have been stood down while others face stigma or are hiding their use. But reform could be on the way - Get our morning and afternoon news emails, free app or daily news podcast When Zhia Zariko told her manager she had a legal prescription for medical cannabis, she hoped it would help break down the stigma that people who use marijuana are “useless stoners”. “Now everyone knows they […]...
- A beachside city became California’s legal cannabis capital. Not everyone is stoked
Santa Barbara voters hoped for an economic boost, but a coalition of schools, rich homeowners and the wine industry are no longer feeling the buzz Anyone driving north along the 101 freeway from Los Angeles will know they’ve arrived in Carpinteria by the smell. The salty breeze caressing California’s scenic coastline is gone in a flash. In its place, a dank aroma more reminiscent of a Grateful Dead […]...
- NSW drivers using medicinal cannabis would be shielded from DUI charges under MP’s proposed reforms
Legalise Cannabis party’s Jeremy Buckingham says risk of losing driver’s licence under current drug-driving laws acts as disincentive for patients - Get our morning and afternoon news emails, free app or daily news podcast New South Wales drivers who use medicinal cannabis and return a positive result at a roadside drug test would be spared prosecution under new laws being put forward by the upper […]...
- Officer who wrote Met’s drug strategy had flat like ‘Amsterdam coffee shop’, tribunal hears
Nurse who lived with Julian Bennett tells misconduct hearing that he was smoking cannabis before work A senior Metropolitan police commander who wrote the force’s drug strategy regularly smoked cannabis before going to work, a tribunal has heard. A nurse who lived with Julian Bennett towards the end of 2019 described the flat as “like an Amsterdam coffee shop”. Continue reading...