- ¿Quién es elegible a los indultos por marihuana en EE. UU.?
El presidente Biden indultó a miles de estadounidenses condenados por posesión de marihuana, pero el beneficio no se aplica a los cargos estatales ni a muchos inmigrantes en riesgo de deportación.
- NY’s Cannabis Control Board is failing Job One: protect public safety
The best that can be said for the Cannabis Control Board is that it’s finally released draft regulations. The public has 60 days to comment. Let’s hope it does — and the board takes heed.
- Deaths From Substance Abuse Rose Sharply Among Older Americans in 2020
In the pandemic’s first year, death rates linked to alcohol and drugs climbed among seniors as lockdowns and isolation spread.
- Yes they cannabis: Hordes of illegal shops — some selling tainted pot — invade NYC
There are "likely tens of thousands of illicit cannabis businesses" currently operating in NYC — with many of the pop-up shops selling bad or dangerously tainted weed, a new study reveals.
- Florida caterer sued for allegedly serving marijuana-laced food at wedding
On Feb. 19, a wedding reception turned to chaos after Seminole County Sheriff's Office deputies arrived to find guest complaining of feeling "high."...
- Oh rats! Police say rodents stole marijuana stash worth $500K
Cops blame rats for supposedly destroying evidence.
- Pregnant women's cannabis usage in legalized U.S. states raises calls for screening
Pregnant women living in U.S. states where cannabis is legal must be screened for the drug, for the health of both mother and baby, claim scientists who in a new national study have found that they are far more likely to use the substance.
- Victorian crossbench contenders vow to push for cannabis decriminalisation if elected
Despite premier Daniel Andrews refusing to budge on the issue, Legalise Cannabis party promises to push ‘forcefully’ on drug reform - Get our morning and afternoon news emails, free app or daily news podcast A group of progressive candidates that might hold the balance of power in the Victorian upper house have vowed to push for cannabis decriminalisation despite premier Daniel Andrews refusing to […]...
- Cannabis oil failed to improve pain or quality of life in palliative care cancer patients, study shows
Researchers say despite the lack of symptom relief, more trials are needed to focus on the targeted use of medicinal cannabis - Get our morning and afternoon news emails, free app or daily news podcast The first high quality study looking at the impact of cannabidiol oil on palliative care patients with advanced cancer found it did not improve their pain, depression, anxiety, or quality of life. […]...
- Marijuana use soars among young adults as more states OK legal cannabis
The number of young adults ages 18 to 29 smoking marijuana has skyrocketed at the same time that cannabis usage has been legalized across much of the United States, a new survey released Monday reveals.
- Legalization of recreational cannabis linked with increased alcohol drinking, study finds
States that legalized recreational cannabis saw a slight population-level uptick in alcohol consumption that was largely driven by young adults and men, according to new research.
- Legalise Cannabis and other progressive parties could hold balance of power in Victorian upper house
Counting suggests Legalise Cannabis party, Greens and Reason Party are likely to win seats in Legislative Council - Follow our Australia news live blog for the latest updates - Get our morning and afternoon news emails, free app or daily news podcast The Legalise Cannabis party is leading a group of minor progressive parties in the running to enter Victoria’s upper house, vowing to bring drug reform […]...
- Marijuana Pardons Affect Just a Sliver of Those Swept Up in the War on Drugs
President Biden’s pardons for thousands of Americans convicted of possessing marijuana don’t apply to state charges or many immigrants at risk of deportation.
- How New York City Became a Free-for-All of Unlicensed Weed
Shops selling weed have proliferated since the state legalized cannabis last year, thriving in confusion over their legality and a lack of enforcement.
- Man arrested in Florida over killings at Oklahoma marijuana farm
Suspect to face murder charges after car tag reader flags his vehicle in Miami Beach A suspect was arrested in Florida after four Chinese nationals were killed at a marijuana farm in Oklahoma, the Oklahoma state bureau of investigation said. In a statement on Facebook, the bureau said the suspect, Wu Chen, 45, was arrested by police in Miami Beach after a car tag reader flagged the vehicle he was driving. […]...