- First Death in a Spate of Vaping Sicknesses Reported by Health Officials
An Illinois patient has died following a respiratory illness linked to vaping. Health officials offered few details about the circumstances.
- Miley Cyrus, Kaitlynn Carter give Brody Jenner weed bouquet for his birthday
These aren't your average flowers.
- NYC eateries don’t want to let go of banned CBD products
Last month, the city’s Health Department forced 15 eateries to destroy food and drinks infused with cannabidiol, or CBD, which doesn’t get you high but is said to relieve pain and anxiety.
- Vaping Sicknesses Rising: 153 Cases Reported in 16 States
The C.D.C. said serious respiratory problems were reported in the past two months, though it remained unclear whether vaping nicotine or THC, the high-inducing chemical in marijuana, was the cause.
- America’s first cannabis restaurant to open in California
The Lowell Cafe in West Hollywood confirmed that they will become America’s first “full-service restaurant and lounge to offer farm-to-table cannabis and...
- Cannabis flower is an effective mid-level analgesic medication for pain
Using the largest database of real-time recordings of the effects of common and commercially available cannabis products in the United States, researchers found strong evidence that cannabis can significantly alleviate pain, with the average user experiencing a three-point drop in pain suffering on a 0-10 point scale immediately following cannabis consumption.
- Exercise May Boost Mood for Women With Depression. Having a Coach May Help.
How the “runner’s high” might be used as a tool to treat depression.
- The Criminal Justice Debate Has Changed Drastically. Here’s Why.
Democratic candidates are pushing ideas that were considered radical just a few years ago. But the American public has changed its views, too.
- Spending on illicit drugs in US nears $150 billion annually
Spending on cannabis, cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine fluctuated between $120 billion and $145 billion each year from 2006 to 2016, rivaling what Americans spend each year on alcohol, according to a new study.
- Grower: 5,000 in Louisiana Medical Marijuana Program So Far
Two weeks after Louisiana patients began receiving medical marijuana, the program is humming along without supply disruption and with thousands of people receiving the drug for medical use, regulatory officials and the head of one growing operation said Monday.
- Four tons of marijuana hidden underneath jalapeños seized at border
That’s some spicy pot. Border patrol officers at a port of entry in San Diego discovered nearly four tons of marijuana hidden beneath a shipment of jalapeños, officials said. Officers assigned to the Otay Mesa cargo facility in California discovered the large amount of weed, worth about $2.3 million, wrapped in green packaging and stashed...
- Cannabis-related poison control calls for Massachusetts kids doubled after medical pot legalized
After medical marijuana became legal in Massachusetts, cannabis-related poison control calls involving the commonwealth's children and teenagers doubled, according to a public health investigation.
- UFC star Nate Diaz lights up joint during open workout
Nate Diaz gonna Nate Diaz. The controversial UFC star sparked up a joint — in a room full of reporters — before doing some light boxing on Wednesday during an open workout session. Diaz, 34, later clarified that he was smoking a CBD joint with no THC, the psychoactive compound found in marijuana, which is...
- Mexico's Top Court Demands Regulation on Medical Marijuana After Long Delays
Mexico's supreme court ordered the health ministry on Wednesday to issue regulation within six months on medical marijuana use, saying its failure to do so after legalization in 2017 had put rights at risk for patients, including children.
- Dozens of Young People Hospitalized for Breathing and Lung Problems After Vaping
Patients, mostly teenagers, suffered severe respiratory problems in recent weeks, possibly from vaping marijuana, illicit drugs or nicotine.