- This city is pushing edible ‘hemp tickets’ for a smooth ride
Call it a puff pass.
- Chicago teen who murdered 15-year-old Elias Valdez in drug deal given probation
A Chicago teenager who pleaded guilty to murdering a 15-year-old boy in a bad drug deal was given a wrist-slap sentence of three years probation this week.
- Malta Becomes First E.U. Country to Legalize Marijuana
The government said that the new law was aimed at ending the criminalization of people for smoking the drug and at reducing criminal trafficking.
- 35 hospitalized in Florida with severe bleeding after smoking synthetic ‘spice’
At least 35 people have been hospitalized in Florida for severe bleeding after smoking synthetic marijuana that they bought from local drug dealers, officials announced.
- Cannabis use could cause harmful drug interactions
Using cannabis alongside other drugs may come with a significant risk of harmful drug-drug interactions, new research suggests. The researchers looked at cannabinoids--a group of substances found in the cannabis plant -- and their major metabolites found in cannabis users' blood and found that they interfere with two families of enzymes that help metabolize a wide range of drugs prescribed for a variety of […]...
- Malta to legalise cannabis for personal use in European first
Move by EU’s smallest member state likely to be followed by reform across rest of continent in 2022 Malta will this week become the first European country to legalise the cultivation and possession of cannabis for personal use, pipping Luxembourg to the post, as the continent undergoes a wave of change to its drug laws. Possession of up to seven grams of the drug will be legal for those aged 18 and above, and it […]...
- ‘World’s largest’ pot brownie weighs 850 pounds — and it’s for sale
It induces a sugar “high.” A Massachusetts cannabis company no doubt sent potheads’ eyes pinwheeling after unveiling a world record 3-foot-long brownie weighing more than 800 pounds. “For many of us, homemade brownies were our first taste of cannabis-infused edibles,” chief product officer Ryan Crandall at Norwood’s MariMed, Inc. told SWNS. The company bills itself...
- Bags filled with pot found at Brooklyn shooting that left one dead
A 46-year-old man was found shot in the stomach and a 30-year-old man shot in the leg were found by police, according to the NYPD.
- IRS could collect taxes from pot firms if they used big banks, Yellen says
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said she supports allowing legal cannabis dispensaries to access the US banking system to make it easier for the government to collect tax revenue.
- ¿Qué impacto puede tener el consumo de marihuana en el embarazo?
Un nuevo estudio se suma a un creciente conjunto de datos que indican que el consumo prenatal de cannabis puede afectar el desarrollo y el comportamiento de los niños.
- Why cannabis smells skunky
As cannabis is legalized in more areas, it has become increasingly popular as a medicinal and recreational drug. This plant produces a pungent, skunk-like odor that is pleasing to some but repulsive to others. Now, researchers have discovered a new family of prenylated volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) that give cannabis its characteristic skunky aroma. The findings open up opportunities to investigate the molecules […]...
- Marijuana Use in Pregnancy May Lead to a More Anxious, Aggressive Child
A new study adds to a growing body of evidence that indicates prenatal marijuana use can impact children’s development and behavior.
- Subway conductor punched after asking teen to stop smoking weed: cops
An MTA conductor was punched in the face after he asked a 17-year-old to stop smoking pot on a Manhattan subway Monday afternoon, police said.
- Oscar winner Jared Leto once fired for drug dealing: ‘I was an entrepreneur’
The Oscar winner was living the high life as a teenage movie theater employee.
- Germany's New Government Plans to Legalize Marijuana
In Germany it’s not illegal to consume marijuana but it is illegal to buy it. That may change.