- Thailand Plans to Widen Medical Marijuana Production
Thailand's cabinet approved amendments on Tuesday to its narcotics act to allow private production and sale of marijuana for medical use, officials...
- Cannabinoids may affect activity of other pharmaceuticals
Cannabinoid-containing products may alter the effects of some prescription drugs, according to researchers. They published information that could help medical professionals make safe prescribing choices for their patients who use prescription, over-the-counter or illicit cannabinoid products.
- House adds amendment shielding legal marijuana businesses from DOJ
The House of Representatives on Thursday added an amendment to a spending package that would protect state-legal marijuana businesses from the Department of Justice. The amendment, according to its description, would “prohibit the Department of Justice from interfering with state and tribal cannabis programs.” Congressional Cannabis Caucus founder Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., sponsored the amendment,...
- Florida woman arrested for attacking dad who didn’t share his medical marijuana
She popped her pop in the privates — when he wouldn’t share a few puffs of pot. A Florida woman was arrested on Thursday for allegedly attacking her father and trying to grab his genitals after he refused to let her smoke his medical marijuana, The Smoking Gun reports. Dakota DiRienzo, 22, allegedly lit up...
- Commando squad cracks down on California pot farmers – archive, 24 July 1985
24 July 1985: The helicopter pilots have to watch for wires strung at tree height like the ones they saw in the Vietnam war The camp’s stars and stripes snaps in the wind from the rotor blades as weary men in camouflaged uniforms jump from the helicopters, sweating under flak jackets in 100-degree heat.They park their guns and commando knives, and trudge off to big khaki “chow” tents as the flames […]...
- FDA releases guidelines for cannabis-related research, but CBD will have to wait
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration released preliminary guidance on Tuesday on cannabis-related clinical research, outlining how companies seeking approval of drugs that contain cannabis or its derivatives must follow the traditional drug review and approval process involving clinical trials. The agency is still working on rules for products that contain the cannabis ingredient CBD,...
- High Times magazine faces competition from laid-off writers
Hightimes Holdings, owner of stoner magazine High Times, appears to be coming down from its marijuana-legalization buzz, thanks to the coronavirus. The flagship publication has not produced a print version since April due to the coronavirus, and has laid off its staff. Chairman Adam Levin said he has since restaffed and hopes to return to...
- Legal marijuana may be slowing reductions in teen marijuana use
A longitudinal study of more than 230 teens and young adults in Washington state finds that teens may be more likely to use marijuana following legalization - with the proliferation of stores and increasing adult use of the drug -- than they otherwise would have been.
- An Ex-Times Reporter. An Ohio Wedding Provider. Covid Contrarians Go Viral.
Anger at lockdowns and mask mandates provides fertile ground for arguments about the best way to fight the virus.
- You Know What Else Has Sold Well During the Pandemic? Weed Edibles
Pandemic anxiety and mounting concerns about vaping have helped shift sales of cannabis products.
- Dan Bilzerian’s pot venture burned through $50 million last year
Dan Bilzerian’s new pot company may soon go up in smoke. The latest venture from the hard-partying, self-proclaimed “King of Instagram” — Ignite International, which sells a smorgasbord of weed-related products — burned through $50 million last year. Ignite lost $43 million on expenses related to marketing and promotion as well as office leases alone,...
- Johnny Depp admits supplying his 13-year-old daughter with marijuana
Johnny Depp said in court that his own stash was "trustworthy."...
- A Kennedy and a Professor Compete to Run Against a Trump Backer
Stakes are high in the Democratic primary for a New Jersey congressional seat: The winner will face a candidate who defected from the party to support Trump.
- Marijuana use while pregnant boosts risk of children's sleep problems
As many as 7% of moms-to-be use marijuana while pregnant, and that number is rising fast as more use it to quell morning sickness. But new research suggests such use could have a lasting impact on the fetal brain, influencing children's sleep for as much as a decade.
- Lester Grinspoon, Influential Marijuana Scholar, Dies at 92
He believed pot was dangerous until his research convinced him otherwise. He then became a leading proponent of legalization.