- Users of high-potency cannabis four times more likely to report associated problems
Users of high-potency cannabis are four times more likely to report associated problems, and twice as likely to report anxiety disorder, than users of lower-potency strains, according to new research.
- TikTok stars Bryce Hall, Jaden Hossler arrested for drug possession
TikTok stars Bryce Hall and Jaden Hossler, both members of the creative collective Sway House, reportedly have been arrested on charges of drug possession. The arrests took place in Lee County, Texas, on Monday, according to multiple reports. Hall, 20, reportedly was charged with possession of less than two ounces of marijuana — a misdemeanor...
- British newborn first baby in world to join cannabis therapy trial
Norwich hospital in Europe-wide trial using plant ingredients to counter risk of seizures and brain injuryA newborn boy who was delivered by emergency caesarean section in March at a Norwich hospital became the first baby in the world to join a cannabis-derived treatment trial.The study is the first step in what researchers say could one day lead to a cannabis-derived medicine being used routinely in neonatal care […]...
- A Hidden Origin Story of the CBD Craze
The cure-all debate over the cannabis compound has distracted from the serious — and seriously odd — back story of how cannabidiol conquered the country.
- Cannabis stocks soar on hopes pot wards off coronavirus
Cannabis company stocks are skyrocketing as investors are high on new hopes that marijuana might help ward off the deadly coronavirus. Shares in major pot firms climbed in late trading Thursday after The Post reported on a Canadian study showing that certain strains of cannabis may help prevent COVID-19 from entering host cells. Canadian pot...
- NY lawmakers push to legalize pot, sports betting to fill coronavirus budget gaps
State pols are making a fresh push to legalize pot and expand sports betting, saying tax income from the vices can help fill a gaping budget hole widened by the coronavirus.
- Legal cannabis hemp oil effectively treats chronic neuropathic pain
Researchers examine the effectiveness of consuming hemp oil extracted from the whole cannabis plant using a chronic neuropathic pain animal model. Researchers showed that legal cannabis hemp oil reduced mechanical pain sensitivity 10-fold for several hours in mice with chronic post-operative neuropathic pain.
- Hightimes’ acquisition of California marijuana cultivator goes to pot
Hightimes Holding quietly scrapped its deal to acquire Humboldt Heritage — the latest deal to hit the skids for the parent company of stoner magazine High Times.
- Aurora Cannabis jumps 55 percent thanks to lockdown stockpiling
Aurora Cannabis posted a smaller loss compared with the prior quarter as customers in the US and Canada stockpiled cannabis ahead of lockdowns, sending its US-listed shares up 13 percent after the bell on Thursday.
- UK cannabis firm bought by US-based fund in multimillion pound deal
Sale of Bridge Farm for £66m could accelerate legalisation of drug in UK, some say A British cannabis producer has been acquired by a US-based private equity fund in a multimillion pound deal which some say could accelerate the legalisation of the recreational drug in the UK. Continue reading...
- Coronavirus pandemic may actually be bringing families together: Devine
When Ramona and Mario Singer had a nasty divorce four years ago, no one thought they would even speak again. Yet now they are sheltering in place at his Florida home with their daughter, looking for all the world like a cozy couple. Friends whisper that, after two months of quarantine, the “Real Housewives of...
- Minimum legal age for cannabis use should be 19, study suggests
The optimal minimum legal age for non-medical cannabis use is 19 years of age, according to a new study.
- High Times owner hires Victoria’s Secret, cannabis vet as CEO
Financially struggling Hightimes Holding Corp. has a new CEO — its third since December. The company, which owns stoner magazine High Times, has appointed Peter Horvath, most recently CEO of Green Growth Brands, to replace Stormy Simon, who resigned Monday after four months on the job. Horvath took cannabis retailer Green Growth Brands public in...
- Researchers develop chemistry needed to create marijuana breathalyzer
Chemists report the key chemical discovery necessary for the creation of a small, electronic marijuana breathalyzer.
- Hightimes CEO Stormy Simon up in smoke after just weeks at the helm
Financially struggling Hightimes Holding Corp. has reportedly lost its newest CEO after less than four months on the job. Stormy Simon, the onetime president of publicly traded Overstock.com, was tapped as the new CEO in January as the company behind stoner mag High Times said it was pivoting away from its media and entertainment roots...