- Pot Legalization Hits an Unlikely Snag: ‘Magic’ Mushrooms
The addition of psilocybin mushrooms to a bill decriminalizing marijuana possession threw a monkey wrench into New Jersey’s legalization effort.
- New Jersey is one step closer to making legal weed a reality
Legal weed is one step closer to becoming a reality in New Jersey after an agreement reached between Gov. Phil Murphy's office and a key legislator.
- CBD is not a narcotic, says EU court as it rules French ban is illegal
Court rules that French ban on marketing hemp-derived CBD products contradicts EU lawThe cannabis-derived compound CBD is not a narcotic drug because “it does not appear to have any psychotropic effect or any harmful effect on human health”, the EU’s highest court has ruled.The decision by the court of justice of the European Union deals a severe blow to efforts by some EU countries to limit the […]...
- Americans across party lines, regions embrace marijuana
HELENA, Mont. — Bill Stocker could be considered the archetype of a conservative voter: He’s a retired Marine and former police officer who voted for President Donald Trump. But he’s also among the majority of South Dakota voters who broadly legalized marijuana this month. Stocker, 61, said enforcing marijuana laws gets in the way of...
- Cannabis strength soars over past half century
Largest study on how cannabis has changed over time finds increased strength putting consumers at greater risk of harm.
- El estrés de la pandemia y las elecciones aumenta la demanda de comestibles de cannabis en EE. UU.
Las ventas aumentaron cuando la gente recurrió a los ositos de goma, las galletas y los chocolates con cannabis para calmar su nerviosismo.
- Finally, New Jersey Might Be Cooler Than New York
If we’re judging by willingness to legalize recreational marijuana, that is.
- Cannabis resin now 25% more potent, global study reveals
Concentrations of intoxicating THC have risen, data from more than 80,000 street drug samples gathered over 50 years shows Cannabis resin – or “hash” – has increased in strength by nearly 25% over the past half century, a major international study has revealed.Researchers with the Addiction and Mental Health Group at the University of Bath analysed data from more than 80,000 cannabis street […]...
- Argentina to Allow Medicinal Marijuana to Be Grown at Home
The new regulation also orders insurance providers to cover cannabis products prescribed by doctors. Some of the strongest champions of the government’s move were mothers of sick children.
- America’s longest serving nonviolent cannabis prisoner to be released
A man described as America’s longest serving inmate for nonviolent marijuana crimes will be sprung “early” from a Florida prison next month after serving 32 years behind bars, a nonprofit said. Richard DeLisi, 71, who was hit with a 90-year sentence in 1989 by a Polk County judge for marijuana trafficking, will be released in...
- ¿Tu corazón está preparado para la marihuana?
Nuevas investigaciones sugieren que fumar marihuana conlleva muchos de los mismos peligros para la salud cardiovascular que fumar tabaco.
- How will drug legalization affect America's communities of color?
Despite electoral successes, it remains unclear how the new measures will affect those who have been disproportionately targeted in the war on drugsFrom the Pacific Northwest to the deep south, drug legalization won big nationwide on election day in America. Related: US drug laws set for sweeping overhaul as voters choose decriminalization The American public seems very open to a total rethink on the drug war and […]...
- The Election’s Over, but Not the Stress. Any Edibles Left?
Sales surged as people turned to gummy bears, cookies and chocolates infused with cannabis to soothe their jitters.
- New Zealand's rejection of legalising cannabis is a triumph for fear-mongering | Fiona Hutton
As other countries make leaps and bounds in drug law reform, Aotearoa seems bound to the tired and worn path of prohibitionSadly New Zealand has voted no to legalising cannabis, but it was close: 48.4% voted in support of the Cannabis Legalisation and Control Bill and 50.7% voted against.As someone who campaigned hard for a yes vote, for much needed reform of our drug laws, I am reduced to tears. I have been […]...
- Republicans and Democrats Agree: End the War on Drugs
Voters in red and blue states may be in accord on nothing else, but they passed measures to liberalize drug laws.